Tuesday, September 13, 2011

My "little" Brother turns 23!!

My little brother turns 23 in 10 mins. He being the youngest of 8, this is a kind of scary thought!! He is one of the closet people to me, and I love him with all my heart! I can only hope and pray he grows into a great man! Happy 23rd birthday to my baby brother Matthew :)!

On a side note... One of the greatest people I know and love went into a coma today, I'm praying that my family can get through all of this within God's comforting embrace. I read something today that touched me, it's from "the pure in heart" - Witness Lee "Often, certain things may cause the soul of a saved person to be full of pain and sorrow, yet still, deep within his being, there is a joy which is unspeakable. This proves that other then having a soul within our being, there is a spirit deep within us. Hence, sometimes we may be sad because we have a soul, but the reason we can be joyful is that we have a spirit. When our soul feels sorrowful, the Holy Spirit will strengthen us and give us joy from within." it might not be exactly what I needed to hear (or rather read), but it was close enough. The loss of my Mommies, mother will be felt greatly, but I truly believe she will be going to a better place. Even though she will be missed for the rest of my life :'(, I am thankful I got the great week this past July that I spent with her. The Lord is my comfort in all things sorrowful, especially in all the losses I've been having to deal with the past year. When God desires to take my grandma Dorris, it will be in His perfact timing. My mommy will feel this loss the most, and I feel for her. I don't know what I'd do without my mom at this point. Lord be our comfort!

No comments:

Post a Comment