Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Grandma passing

My Mom's mother Doris Holloway died this morning. This was a not a surprise she had a disease that was eating away at her muscle tissue starting from her legs up, called Myopathy. My Grandma left behind: 9 Children, 8 Inlaws, 25 Grandchildren, and 26 Great Grandchildren.
In June I flew to Minnesota for the summer to spend it with my sister Alissa and her new growing family. We had a family reunion on the 11th of June. My grandma was still able to walk at this point. I was in Rochester for around 6 weeks, spending time with my precious niece Nora Azeala. The last week I was in Minnesota, (before having to come back to work for the school year) I spent in Minneapolis staying with my cousin Jody. Jody took me to see my Grandma every day while I was there, along with giving me a tour of the city and other such things. I thank God for Jody everyday. He's one of the most caring, loving cousins I have. He is defentaly a precious soul in God's family. So I got to spend a entire week with my Grandma! It was nice. We mostly talked ALOT, she talked just as much as my Mom and I do, I'm glad I got that from her. I like to think she has imparted alot of her wisdom on me in so many aspects of my life. She was a GREAT wise lady and one of my favorite people. I'm having a hard time writing this right now, I'm going to take a break and try and come back later... Here is the last picture we took together while i was there.



The one good thing about all this is I get to see my Mom and Dad. Along with the rest of my extended family. I miss Nora everyday!

No comments:

Post a Comment