Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Grandma's Funeral

Yesterday was one of the hardest days of my life... Saying goodbye yet celebrating my grandma's life! I still can't not cry when I think about it, I honestly don't know how long that will last. Life must go on... I thank the Lord she was saved and knew the Lord very well. My Grandpa was buried in a military grave yard next to the minneapolis airport, and my Grandma was buried right above Him. They have the same head stone, one of them engraved on both sides. I'm glad they are together :). My little brother Matt had never gotten to visit our Grandpa's grave, so we went there after the ceremony to visit him, and lay white roses on their grave! Now when I come to visit, I can stop by and see them each time.

It was a long day, but spent wisely! I enjoyed the company of all my family and could feel the love and support from each one. The children were a joy to be around :)!

Today, we are going to be raiding my Grandma's apartment for momentums!! I know there will be a few things that I really would like to have. But when I walked in the other night it was really hard not to see my Grandma's smiling face greet me. I suppose I'll be in a mist of tears again all day!!

We are having dinner with family, and will probably be going to Rochester, MN with my Mom tomorrow my sister lives there with her family.

Here are the verses my Uncle Gaylin shared at my Grandma's funeral: John 11:25-26  Jesus said to her, I am the resurrection and the life; he who believes into Me, even if he should die, shall live; And every one who lives and believes into Me shall by no means die forever. Do you believe this?

No comments:

Post a Comment