Friday, January 20, 2012

Looking back on 2011, something to think about!

Something to think about!.... 

Looking back at 2011

242 days of the week 
Monday -Friday

123 Saturday & Sunday

365 days of the year

66 Lord's day's 

Let's say you only go to "Church" on Sunday (Lord's day), and that is the only day you enjoy God or even give Him time in your life for. That is 299 days without God in your life!! Who wants to live 299 days without enjoyment of God as our Father? What a miserable life that would be!

Some people live for weekends. They spend all week wishing it was the weekend. Living day to day thinking "if it was only the weekend I'd be happy." Then the weekend comes, and flies by so fast. sometimes you can't even remember all you did during it. Yet you can remember what you did everyday that past week, because you were dwelling on "I wish it was the weekend." there are only 123 days that are Saturday and Sunday in a year (weekends), that is 242 days you are wishing it was the weekend. That is 242 days wasted away wishing you "had it better." When you could be enjoying life EVERY DAY to its fullest. If you lived everyday thanking God for a new day on earth you would/will live a much happier, more fulfilled life. Because you would have 365 days being happy and not dwelling on the fact that it's not "the weekend."

If you are unhappy at your job, find another one. If you are unhappy in life, find something that makes you happy. Maybe it will lead you to something else that makes you happy. 

I have found that my life is a precious gift that the Lord Jesus has allowed me to live to this day. I have been through a lot in my life. I have almost died on several occasions. But for some reason God has protected and spared me through it all. I don't ask questions, though I often times wonder why. Why am I SO important, that I am still here?

My answer to this question is... I'm a vessel to contain God. God loves me. And He loves me to contain Him. The  Lord has spared me because He has a greater plan for me. 

I have lived a miserable life... One always wishing it was the weekend. And I have lived a life only loving the Lord on Sunday's. I have found that its not enough. I have found that, when I live my day without God, it's miserable. I DON'T ever want to live a life without Christ in my daily life again. I have not been living my life without daily enjoyment for over a year now. And I can honestly say without a doubt in my mind. 2011 was  the best year of my life. I gained more of Christ in 2011 than I have in past years. I went through a lot of changes in the year 2011. I lost 5 very important people in my life, they passed away, most important my Grandmother Doris. I lost a brother and his family who unexpectedly "cut" my family off. And still to this day have not made it right. I was able to travel a good amount. I went to Cali twice, my parents live there right now. I Went to Minnesota 3 times. I have 7 uncles, 19 cousins (their wives and husbands), and their kids. And most important my sister Alissa and her family live there. She has a growing family of 6. Granted one of the times I went to MN was for my grandmother's funeral, it was still a happy/sad time. I got to be with my family, which made it much easier then it would have been. On the drive my brothers and I stopped in Indiana to visit old friends. And in Tennessee  to visit a great Family we know that lives there. I traveled to FL twice, once for a Christian conference. Jekyll Island, GA for a double friends wedding. Charlotte, NC for another friends wedding. And again to Tennessee for the weekend to visit my Sandlin friends, and other christian friends. The Lord blessed me with a lot of friends and family, and I thank Him daily for them. For without God, my friends and family. I wouldn't have any reason to be such a happy person, full of the Lord. The Lord is my full salvation. And He has saved me from a life full of un enjoyment and regrets. I live my daily life having no regrets. For I don't see any other better way to live my life than to live it daily enjoying my Lord. Therefore I spend all 365 days enjoying my life. Even with the roller coaster that my life has become, I still mange to keep myself happy. And the only way I am able to do this is by eating, drinking, and taking the Lord as my daily supply! Lord Jesus, I love You! As my first love for all eternity! 

1 comment: