Saturday, January 7, 2012

5 Reasons why I would never own a gun....

So today I went shooting with my Dad and sister Hannah in the dessert in Cali.

I personally have issues with guns. But I at least wanted to learn how to safely use a gun accurately from my Daddy, Who is a ex-Marine Sargent! He fought in the Vietnam war.

I decided today I will never personally own a gun. Reasons being:

1. They can kill a person (I almost got killed by one a couple years ago.)
2. They are extremely dangerous weapons (if you don't know what you're doing)
3. They Scare me to the core (NOT KIDDING)
4. I feel completely uncomfortable holding/shooting one.
5. They are a Man Made item.

I understand that some people feel the need to own a gun out of self defense... But let me ask you this...? Do you really want to have to live knowing you shot someone and that shot you fired ended their life? I could not handle it. I look at it this way. I'm not going to go hunting to kill animals.... I'm not going to kill a person... So I really DON'T need to own something that I really HATE/scared of so much.

Thank you Dad for showing me how to properly handle something I hope to NEVER have to use again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment