Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Excerpts from the Life study of Hebrews

The first item is that Sin has been put away. But suppose sin comes back. What will you do? Will you kneel down and pray, "O Lord, keep Your promise. Lord, You promised me to deal with sin, and now sin has come to bother me. Lord, keep Your word, Your promise to deal with sin." the Lord will never answer this kind of prayer. This is why the more you ask the Lord to deal with your temper, the more temper you will have. Whenever you pray in this way, the Lord will not answer you. What then shall we do if son comes to bother us? Simply say to sin, "Sin, where have you come from? Don't you know that you have been put away?" The putting away of sin is a bequest in the testament. Just be simple enough to declare it to be so. Very few Christians have this kind of faith. Even after I received this vision, a number of times I still prayed, "O Lord, take care of my temper. It's so hard, Lord, for me to overcome it. Lord, didn't you promise me?" although this may seem to be a good prayer, actually it is a foolish prayer. 

Message 36 page 406

No comments:

Post a Comment