Thursday, July 11, 2013

God bless rear view mirrors!

Moving on...

Though the last year has had more ups and downs in it then any other year of my life, I will never regret my decision to move to California for Bible school. 

When reflecting on everything that I have been through in this past year, I look back and can truthfully say "I will never regret staying in California." 

In my time here, I have made a few life time companions that will be in my heart for eternity. And it is because of them I can say this past year was worth every up and down; on this life I call 'my own personal roller coaster.' Something of which I am still learning to love and appreciate on a daily basis. 

They say 'life is hard, life is what you make it.'

I'm learning how on a daily basis to make my life worth living. I don't want to regret one moment, and can say truthfully to this day I don't regret anything. I thank God for every moment He has blessed me with, and am happier today then I was yesterday. 

Though I do miss every person that has touched my life, and that has made me feel wanted, loved, cherished, and needed; I wish I could be a million places at once. 

I miss sitting in the H's house, with Sarah's voice saying "I love you Auntie Charity, and little Leeana watching us from afar with a jealous look on her face waiting for Sarah and I to invite her to sit and cuddle with us. 

I used to think, 'life would be so much easier if I didn't give my heart away to those whom I love.' But what kind of life is that? I would rather love deeply, and miss genuinely... Then to never really love someone.

So, as I sit here in my room in Camp Engedi, with rain falling down outside for the first time in months reflecting on this last year of my 'not so perfect but amazingly awesome blessed life,' on one of my last days living in California, with tears running down my face because its too hard for me to say 'Goodbye' to anyone... I say, "Until the next time we meet, I will love and miss you forever." 

No comments:

Post a Comment