Saturday, April 13, 2013

God works in mysterious ways

I have been humanly miserable where I live. I moved to California with the view that: I would be attending Bible school for 2 years, this is the ONLY reason I moved to California. It was not in God's plan for me to have the privilege of attending this bible school full time, at this time. I attend classes when I can, not on a regular basis; I have a full time job. But the classes are open, so I attend when I can, even though my desire is to be there 24/7. "God works in mysterious ways."

I love God.

My 28th birthday just passed... I didn't do anything for it, my friends sent me a care package stuffed full of LOVE! It cherished me to the uttermost. I CRIED like a baby for an hour, because of how much I MISS Georgia and all my companion/friends.

On another note my brother bought me a airline ticket to Boston, Massachusetts for my birthday. BEST BIRTHDAY PRESENT EVER! It got me out of California, for one whole week :) I'm visiting the extension (3rd yr.) of the bible school, most of my friends who recently graduated in December moved here. I'm also going to be taking a train down to Baltimore, Maryland at some point this week to meet my new boss. Which I'm nervous/excited about.

I am supposed to be starting a new job come August in Baltimore, Maryland as a full-time live in Nanny to a 1 year old boy (parents are both doctors at John's Hopkins). So I'm once again moving across the country. I'm looking forward to GETTING out of California, yet I will miss those whom I will be leaving behind; and my heart cries out to the lonely parts; being that I don't REALLY know ANYONE in Maryland. It's hard moving to a place you've never been, never considered... And you have this, what looks and sounds to be "perfect" job, what can I do but say "Amen, Lord? Thank YOU, for loving me so much to give me something such as this! Thank You for being faithful to care for me."

I will be moving by faith yet again, but this time with no worries of "how am I going to survive this one?" I will have ALL my human needs taken care of. This is not something that has EVER happened to me as an adult, (I'm 28) so I'm a bit apprehensive. How can I not be? Looking at my history?

I'm realising daily, that I am 'very human' and this is not a fact that I enjoy. I love The Lord and just want Him to return; because life is hard, and I long to see/kiss HIS face!

Anyways.. I'm on a sort of "vaca" from California and I'm loving EVERY minute of it :)



No comments:

Post a Comment