Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Something's are better not forgotten, when they make you smile!

It seems to me that time flies away these days; like a plane in a hurry to get to it's final destination. I look at the calendar; the date, and realize my birthday is in 6 days. Where did the last 3 months go?

What am I doing for MY birthday? Absolutely nothing, I'm working a 24 hr shift with a elderly lady that makes me smile. Here are a few bantering's from her that made me smile; I call her M:

M: "I'm only kidding."
Me: "I'm gullible!"
M: "You're not gullible you're too smart, I couldn't ever get you to believe something that isn't true."
Me: "well, then its nice to meet you 'only kidding, I'm 'gullible.' ;)"

M: "Take your pick: it's coffee, tea, or me!"
Me: "may I please have some coffee please then?"

M: "When someone pays you attention that's when they like you, if they don't pay you no mind; They must not care about you!"
Me: "in other words... 'Let Him chase me?"
M: "that's right darlin', Your beautiful inside and out, someone amazingly perfect will notice someday and sweep you off your feet."

M: "You seem to have a lackadaisical way about you...."
Me: "WHAT? I rather don't think that's the right word to use to describe me."
M: "hold on, get me a dictionary darlin' not sure what it means.
Me: "lack·a·dai·si·cal Adjective:
Lacking enthusiasm and determination; carelessly lazy."
M: "OH, well then I TAKE IT BACK! You're completely opposite of lackadaisical!"

M: "Well now, I don't know if I'm on foot or horse back."
Me: what's that supposed to mean?
M: Well, It means I don't know what's going on.
Me: OH, Lol! Sorry, shall I guide the horse about for you; Want to go on a walk about?

M: "my auntie used to say to me: 'I'm busier then a cranberry merchant."
Me: "why?"
M: "because, she didn't want me bothering her while she baked pies!"
Me: "oh, sorry about that."
M: "why are you sorry? You're not my aunt."
Me: "Well, I just figured somebody needed to apologize."

And off I go... To spend time with someone else that makes me smile!
Smile today, LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL!

No comments:

Post a Comment