Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Commute / safe driving / Positives

I was reflecting this morning while driving to work.

Why is it that everyone is in such a hurry all the time?

I really don't understand why everyone seems to think its a good thing to be in a rush all the time.

Why do people drive recklessly?
Why do people speed while driving? Why is it that everyone seems to drive very angrily?

I was told by my Father from a very young age to "drive safely."

In my opinion driving safely is not to drive: in a rush, always in a hurry, speeding, cutting people off, etc. All the negatives that I just mentioned.

It seems that all those things could give one reason to be: stressed out, tired, irritated, upset, etc. Aren't these all symptoms of one who could have a heart attack?

Wouldn't you much rather BE SAFE, arrive SAFELY, be ALIVE?

So... In saying all of that.

I drive with this point of view:

Leave early, give yourself enough time that: when you arrive early, you have time to sit there for 5 mins before starting your "work day." In this way you will be less stressed about your driving to your final destination, whether it be work or wherever.

Accidents are most prone to happen when: you're in a rush, not paying attention, or pre-occupied with other things.

I commute to work: 2 hrs a day. 1 hour in the morning to drive to work, and 1 hour at night to drive home. I spend this time enjoying it. I listen to Christian hymns, or a webcast program about the Bible. I love being in my car driving. It's one of my most treasured times. I am constantly meeting people whose view is the opposite.

"You commute 2 hrs a day, WHAT? That's gotta be AWEFUL! Don't you hate it?"

This is the retort I would like to put out into the world:
Actually, it's a choice. I chose to live where I live for my Christian walk with The Lord. My christian companions live near where I live. i enjoy my commute to and from work. I enjoy driving for 2 hrs a day. I get to spend that time with "me and God." No one can take that time away from me. I don't get distracted usually. I love my "me and God" time. I make my life choices the way I do, because it's what makes me a happier person. ITS HOW I SURVIVE! God has blessed me. I choose to be HAPPY!

I wish everyone would be more positive, instead of being so negative all the time. I want to meet more positive people.

I would rather focus on the positive side of life, then dwell on the negative. TOO much negative in this world.

Lord, thank You for positives!

No comments:

Post a Comment