Friday, February 24, 2012

Love

1 Corinthians 13:4-7

2. The Definition of Love vv.4-7

1 Corinthians 13:4-8a says: "Love suffers long. Love is kind; it is not jealous. Love does not brag and is not puffed up; It does not behave unbecomingly and does not seek its own things; it is not provoked and does not take account of evil; It does not rejoice because of unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; It covers all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never falls away"

8fn1 (Never) Survives everything, holds its place. Love survives everything and holds its place forever. It never fails, never fades out or comes to an end. It is like the eternal life of God. Only love is a characteristic of a mature man and will last for eternity. Hence, when we live and act by love, we have a foretaste of the next age and of eternity. 

I'm in love with my the Lord. I fully believe that "God is love." I used to think I could love without God. But I know that I can't love without God, because God is love. I love my family, I love my friends. I love a lot. I truly try and show kindness to strangers. I try my best to live a life according to that which my God and Father has set as a pattern before me. I fail daily. I have learned that I can not do anything of myself, I NEED the Lord! As my guidance, and at my side walking daily with me moment by moment as my supply. So, that I can be fully happy, abiding in Him as my Husband, Father, God, and best friend. I have the greatest best friend. The Lord Jesus!! 

John 15:9 says: "As the Father has loved Me, I also have loved you; abide in My love."

I want to abide in His love for all eternity!

John 15:16-17 says: "You did not choose Me, but I chose you, and I set you that you should go forth and bear fruit and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name, He may give you.
These things I command you that you may love one another."

I love these words "I chose you." This shows me that out of all the people in this world, God chose ME! I used to ask God. Why me? Out of everyone, why did you spare me? Why did I grow up knowing You? I used to take the Lord for granted, having grown up always knowing of the Lord's existence. I lived my life for years, not really appreciating the Lord at all. I can not say I regret anything that has happened to me in my life, I have to tell the truth. I am however truly thankful to the Lord for having mercy on me, and showing me just how much I missed having Him in my life. I thank Him everyday for allowing me that time, so that I could love Him THAT MUCH MORE!! You might think I'm a bit crazy for saying it, but it's just the truth. I love the Lord with all my heart. And thank Him for loving me even more than that! 

In relation to those verses...:

16fn3: (that) after we go forth to produce believers in the Lord, we need to care for them. The best way is to set up meetings on their homes to cover and protect them that they may be cared for by being nourished and taught, and may become the remaining fruit, living in the branches of the true vine, that is, in the Body of Christ, to be Christ's increase. 

17fn1: (love) This is to love one another in the Lord's life, the divine life, in the Lord's love, and in His commission of fruit bearing. Life is the source, love is the condition, and fruit-bearing is the goal. If we all live by the Lord's life as the source, in the Lord's love as the condition, and for the fruit-bearing as the goal, we surely will love one another. 

Thank You Lord for loving me!

No comments:

Post a Comment