Monday, December 12, 2011

Tennessee Trip Dec. 2011

I had a really amazing weekend with one of my favorite families other then my own.

My Mom, Lizzy and I traveled up to Murfreesboro, TN this past weekend to visit and blend with the saints. We stayed with the Sandlin family there. They are a amazing family from my church life. Sarah, Joey, and Ben were all delightful!!

Mrs. Sandlin had a birthday last weekend. So like I do for my own Mom, I made her a birthday dinner of Home made Fried Chicken, Mashed potatoes, sauteed green beans and mushrooms with onions, Spinach Salad with strawberries, and Ben and I made home made pretzel m&m's for dessert. everything came out perfectly and I successfully had the Sandlin family in a food coma Sat pm :). Lord's day we had the same for leftovers, and I made a Home made Chocolate cake with a strawberry middle glaze, with Cream cheese frosting, and sliced almonds on top to top it all off. Joey: "this cake is the opposite of terrible" haha, silly man! Joey tried to raid the pretzels from the night before and my mom said "save some for your brother's who are coming next weekend" Joey: "oh, is that why they are in the freezer?"

Ben and I made UGA representing posters. Ben wanted me to play paper football with him, which I have not played since I was his age, and he successfully beat me at. I believe it's because I'm out of practice, but he really is a great player. The little man is very Talented!!

Sarah and I had a blast with eachother, and she made me miss my own little sister Hannah SO MUCH!! We went shopping a little. stayed up talking later then we should have, and did eachothers hair, she played the guitar, paino, madlin and the flute all for me at some point during the weekend. She is SO very talented. She also pulled out family photo albums for Lizzy and I to glance at, all so addorible!!

Joey is one smart man!! He is going to end up being one smart talented college man in the next year. I tried to encourage the summer trip he is wanting to take to the YP Conference in Male Ciche, Poland this summer. It would be so wonderful if he actually got to go. It's a life experience I will always treasure and remember! I showed him pictures from the past years that have accured and told him the schedule, tried to encourage him through stories of when I had attended. I think that he was already set on going, and just praying that it will all work out so that he gets to :). http://www.ageturners.com/ is where you can listen to past messages from this particular conference in Poland.

Janis is oh so sweet, and just kept reminding me of my own mom. I really enjoyed the time I was so fortunate to have spent with her this weekend.

I really enjoyed Mr. Sandlin's sharing in the meeting, as he was very busy working all weekend.

Praise the Lord for the Blending :) I thank the Lord I got this time with the saints in Murfreesboro. Here are some pictures :)








Well back to work :)

No comments:

Post a Comment