Friday, March 9, 2012

Fill all my hunger quench all my thirst! Hymn 811

I have probably posted this before, sorry for the repeat, but I REALLY love and enjoy this hymn

1 My heart is hungry, my spirit doth thirst;
  I come to Thee, Lord, to seek Thy supply;
  All that I need is none other but Thee,
  Thou canst my hunger and thirst satisfy.
Chorus  
  Feed me, Lord Jesus, give me to drink,
  Fill all my hunger, quench all my thirst;
  Flood me with joy, be the strength of my life,
  Fill all my hunger, quench all my thirst.
2 Thou art the food and the water of life,
  Thou canst revive me, my spirit upbear;
  I long to eat and to drink here of Thee,
  Thyself enjoy through my reading and prayer.
3 Thou art the Word with God’s fulness in Thee,
  Thou too the Spirit that GHod my life be;
  Thee in the Word I enjoy as my food,
  Thou as the Spirit art water to me.
4 Thou from the heavens as food camest down,
  Thou to be drink hast been smitten for me;
  Thou as the food, my exhaustless supply,
  Thou as the water, a stream unto me.
5 Thou in the Word art the Spirit and life,
  Thus by the Word I may feed upon Thee;
  Thou dost as Spirit in my spirit live,
  Thus I may drink in the spirit of Thee.
6 Now to enjoy Thee I come to Thy Word,
  On Thee to feed till my hunger is o’er.
  Now in my spirit I turn unto Thee,
  Of Thee to drink till I’m thirsty no more.
7 Feeding and drinking, Lord Jesus, of Thee,
  Feeding by reading, and drinking by prayer;
  Reading and praying, I eat and I drink,
  Praying and reading-Lord, Thou art my fare.
8 Here, O my Lord, may I feast upon Thee;
  Flood with Thy Spirit and fill by Thy Word;
  May, Lord, Thou be such a feast unto me
  As man hath never enjoyed nor e’er heard.

No comments:

Post a Comment